Name Book of 1836
PARISH OF SHERCOCK
The town of Shercock is in Killan parish. The parish contains 8222.6512
acres, including of water 463a. 3r. 19p. and 5 small islands containing 1a. 1r. 24p.
A well in Killann townland is called Tobar Ana. There …
Aghadrinagh (Patent of) A. Saunderson Esqr.
In the centre of the parish on the Mail Coach road from Cavan to Dublin,
about (?) statute miles from the former place and 2 from Lavey townland.
Landlord is Robert Saunderson Esqr. …
This parish contains 15958.0.9 statute acres of which 139.0.17 are water.
2248 1/2 are uncultivated and the remainder arable land generally of an inferior
quality. It contains no town or river of any importance.
It is the …
It is bounded on the North by the parish of Denn, in the East
by Denn and Castlerahan parishes, on the South by Castlerahan, Kilbride
and Ballymaclough and on the West by Ballintemple and Kilconnel
parishes. It is …