Commonwealth Survey of 1652
Tithe Applotment Books of 1824-1834
Name Books of 1836
Property of the Bishop of Kilmore. This townland is divided into 3 parts each under
a separate landlord. viz. Mr. Creighton, Dr. Armstrong and Mr. James Smith. The average yearly rent is from 25s. to 32s. per acre. Soil is of a yellow gravelly nature and the usual crops are oats, potatoes and flax. In many places the Granwacke rocks appear high above the surface. There is an ancient fort in this townland and the road from Cavan to Kilnaleck passes through the South end of the townland.
The property of Lord Farnham. Soil is middling and produces oats, potatoes and
flax. Some pebbles of limestone are found in this townland near a well. The relic is an old burying ground here called Relig An Ir Fhuair, The Cold Man's Grave. The inhabitants are all Roman Catholics. The old burying ground is within 2 chains SE. of the townland and trignometrical station of Banaghy. There are no antiquities.
Griffith’s Valuation of 1857
Parishes in Cavan
Annagelliff Annagh Bailieborough Ballintemple Ballymachugh Castlerahan Castleterra Crosserlough Denn Drumgoon Drumlane Drumlumman Drumreilly Drung Enniskeen Kilbride Kildallan Kildrumsherdan Killashandra Killinagh Killinkere Kilmore Kinawley Knockbride Larah Lavey Loughan or Castlekeeran Lurgan Moybolgue Mullagh Munterconnaught Scrabby Shercock Templeport Tomregan Urney